Updated: Oct 1, 2022
We have been taught about the three Rs since our school days. But do you know exactly what the three Rs are? How does one implement them and why do we need to implement them?
Well, answering the last question is the easiest. There is an urgent need to implement the three Rs. There is a need to reduce, reuse and recycle. And that is because the waste we produce has a very negative impact on the earth. It is true that as long as the human race exists on earth there is going to be waste produced. But we need to keep it under control. We are in dire need to reduce, reuse and recycle because the resources on this planet are limited, and to sustain life, we need them. Not only that but the waste we produce leads to various types of pollution. Pollution of every kind, whether land, water, or air is harmful not only to animals and the environment but very harmful to the human race as well. The waste we produce is directly responsible for phenomena like global warming and climate change and reducing, reusing and recycling is one of the easiest ways to reduce the waste we produce and keep things like climate change and global warming in check.
Let us now really understand what these three Rs are
It means to reduce the waste we produce. It is the most preferred way to manage waste production. The less waste we produce, the fewer problems we have.
Here are some easy ways to reduce waste.
1) To buy only those things that you absolutely need.
2) To buy products that are durable and will last long.
3) Buying products that are eco-conscious and leave a minimum carbon footprint.
4) Try going paperless.
5) Try buying as little plastic as possible. Carry your own bags to stores and shops.
Reusing products that you buy is very important. The ‘use-only-once’, ‘wear-only-once’ culture is very dangerous. These are some easy ways to reuse the products you buy.
1) Buying products that come in reusable containers.
2) Use Tupperware and reusable containers rather than plastic containers.
3) Using thermal flasks to carry beverages rather than drinking them from disposable plastic cups.
4) Reusing the clothes that you buy.
5) Buy second-hand products as much as possible. Buying clothes from thrift stores will not only help with reusing but will also help you save money.
Recycling waste is important. Like we said before, it is impossible to bring waste production to a complete zero but it is possible to manage that waste produced by recycling it.
Here are some easy ways to recycle waste.
1) Composting. Composting is one of the easiest ways to recycle the biodegradable waste produced in our homes.
2) Replacing single-use items.
3) Recycling plastic bottles and plastic bags.
4) Buying products that are made by recycling waste.
So, these are some easy ways to reduce, reuse and recycle.
We at Econscious™ are very aware of the negative impact plastic waste leaves. All our products are made from recycled plastic.
To checkout our recycled products range click here
To recycle your waste, schedule your waste pickup with us. Click here to know more.
Follow us on social media